Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

Happy Easter everyone! Our little family had a wonderful Easter weekend, in spite of not being with extended family. The weekend started on Friday for us because Danny didn't have class and didn't have to work at the gas station. It was great to have him all to ourselves for the whole day! We took the kids to the park, ate lunch at Jefferson point, came home for Brennen to have a nap while Patrick and I made rice crispy treat eggs, then had our first BBQ of the year. It was a beautiful warm day spent with lots of quality time with our kiddos.

On Saturday, the boys were lazy while I went to the gym. :) When I got back we went out to do a little shopping and have lunch. Danny had to go to work in the afternoon. Patrick and I colored Easter eggs while Brennen took a nap. The actual dying of the eggs was a bit of a disaster. Patrick wound up spilling the blue dye all over his leg and right butt cheek. Of course he was just wearing underwear during the process because last year we ruined his clothes. So, Patrick had a blue bottom and thigh for about three days. However, he did enjoy putting the stickers on the eggs once they were dry.

We went out to our former field work church (the church where Patrick was Baptized) for Easter service. It was wonderful to catch up with everyone. We really wish we could go every Sunday but it is just too far of a drive. After church, we went out to lunch then came home for naps. I cooked Ham and potatoes for dinner and we had another wonderful evening spending time with each other.
We had a wonderful Easter weekend and we hope you had a great one as well. Happy Easter! He has risen!!



Brennen loves to swing!
Patrick was not happy that I made him stop to take a picture. :)

My Happy baby who was screeching as I was taking this picture. Can't you just hear it...:)


Wow, a big slide Mommy!



How do I get down from up here??


Patrick on a big boy swing. Still a bit unstable but he is getting the hang of it.


This one is so much easier!



Ugh, this is so much work!


My little helper. I think more marshmallows went in his mouth than in the pot.

The finished product.


It is so much better to eat them than to make them.

Brennen...don't drink from the sandy cup!!

Decorating Easter eggs after the blue dye accident of 2010.


Easter baskets for the boys.


This was the best Easter Sunday picture I could get of my boys who love to wrestle with each other. :)


Brennen was not fond of having grass in his bucket. He wound up dumping the whole thing out and putting the eggs back in without the grass.


Look what I found Mommy!

Patrick and all the eggs he found.



Brennen loves anything round. Especially his new punch balloons that he got in his Easter basket.

Patrick and Danny playing catch for the first time. I don't think Patrick will be going to the Major League.

Brotherly love!

Hunting for Easter eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment