Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Playing catch up

It has been a while since I have updated the blog. The last few months have gone by so fast! Where to begin... August was a busy month for us! Brennen had surgery down in Denver at the beginning of the month. We stayed with Danny's parents for a few days while Brennen was recovering. Everything went well with the surgery. He was sore afterward but there were no complications. This surgery was the result of the infection he had when we went camping in South Dakota in July.
After we came home, we had a few weeks to recover until my friend from Australia came for a visit. Naomi arrived on the 22nd and stayed with us until the 9th of September. I will be posting pictures of our adventures following this post. Since Naomi went home, Patrick and I have both gone back to school. Patrick started Pre-Kindergarten on the 7th and I have started substituting again for the surrounding school districts. Patrick is attending Creek Valley Preschool this year instead of St. Paul's in Sidney. We really wanted him to go to St. Paul's again this year but driving into Sidney three times a week was going to be too much. His new school is walking distance from our house and offers a great preschool environment as well. He seems to have adjusted quite well and is making lots of new friends.
As for me, I have been keeping busy substituting. It's exciting to be back in the classroom again after a long summer break! I am really enjoying being a substitute. The staff and kids in all the districts have been really wonderful to work with. It's also nice to be able to walk in, teach the kids, and walk out. No meetings, grading, lesson plans etc. Starting in October, I have a long term sub position lined up for a Kindergarten teacher in Sidney. I am looking forward to ten weeks of regular work.
Danny has been busy working. Things are starting back up again for the church. Confirmation started up last week as well as Sunday school and all the other groups that meet during the week. I still am trying to get a handle on his schedule. He is one busy man! Well, that's about it.
More post on our summer activities to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment